Skip to main content

THE HEART BEAT OF AN AFRICAN YOUTH. (KNOWLEDGE VS WISDOM )


OPULENT MAN OF PURE SAGACITY.
He's indeed opulent with with lots of properties,  among his belongings is a desert,  this man to me is indeed opulent with the purest of sagacity.
One day, he was walking through the desert, his own property, he then came across some ants pulling a fruit. For there to be a fresh fruit pulled by ants in this desert, there must definitely be a tree that bear the fruit, he said.

And now, this man is determined to cut down the tree, why? He claimed that the tree is selfish, raising the question, how can this be the only surviving tree on this desert? Reaffirming the selfishness of the tree.
At that particular point I envisaged this opulent sage man cut the tree, it got me thinking, how would the ants survive? At least it serves as a means of livelihood to them. But on the long run, I respected the results of this man's action.

He cut down the tree, cut the trunk into pieces and planted it all over the desert. The reason being that the fruit of this plant never germinate,  it's the trunk that germinate. And the immature branches of the tree, this man burn all into ashes.
Then I get to see the clearer picture between knowledge and wisdom.
The tree is indeed selfish and that's the consequences of being egocentric.

Am actually use to this you know,  I do say this time to time. "There's a distinction between knowing the path and walking the path " you can know a path without walking the path, thanks to GPS but for you to walk a path, you need know the path.
I was reading an article online via this website, lifehack.org and this really got me thinking, knowledge vs wisdom. The website has a picture of owl with the written "knowledge speaks but wisdom listen" as indicated below.

An extraction of Wikipedia define knowledge thus
"Knowledge " is a familiarity, awareness, or understanding of something such as facts, information, description or skills which is acquired through experience or education by perceiving, discovery and LEARNING.  Learning is key for African youth to survive.
Knowledge can also be refers to as, the practical or theoretical understanding of a subject.  It can be implicit as with practical skills or expertise or explicit as with theoretical understanding of a subject. It can be more or less formal or systematic.
And i tell you,  for you to survive this world, you definitely need knowledge.
Considering an extraction of "Wisdom " from Wikipedia.
"Wisdom" or sapience is to think and act using knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense and insights. There appear to be consensus that wisdom is associated with attributes such as compassion, experimental self-knowledge,  non-attachment and virtues such as ethics and benevolence.

Self-knowledge is a very raer thing to posses and I think am a fan of that, not just a fan, its one of my qualities. I do realise lately that anything you wanna do, you definitely need to know.
This would bring me to the seeking of greener pasture by African youth.
No doubt, the development of Africa as a continent is not very encouraging and we the youth believes our leaders have no plan for our generation not to speak of the upcoming generation, and this in turn leads to leaving our home country, though there might be other factors ascribe to this, factors such as terrorism, political instability. Nigeria as a typical example, the main reason is bad governance.

Almost every youth wants to leave Africa,  reason being bad governance, in my country Nigeria,  we've got lots of glamourised place of worship but come check our public schools, hospitals, the government is not doing enough only the rich survive.
Though there's a political party here in Nigeria,  All Progressive Congress  (APC) going by their manifesto, I think they mean well for the country, Npower being their major achievement,  I'll score them 35% couple with some policies implementations.
Going by a quote from a National newspaper as far back as 1992.
It goes thus.
There's meaninglessness in philosophy,
Insecurity in polity,
Chaos in politics,
Corruption in economy,
Immorality in society,
Frustration in art,
And lack of creativity in literature. All these have ensued a free for all thus has breed and nurtured in us as a polity, the syndrome of everyone for himself and God for us all.
What does it mean, everyone for himself and GOD for us all? The resources that are meant for the whole polity are being embezzled by some few individuals, and that is a typical example of Nigeria leaders,  maybe Buhari is different.

Most Africans leaders are neither knowledgeable nor wise, because they don't even understand the consequences of their actions. Thumb up to president #DonaldTrump for some of his stern truth about Africa.
Almost every youth want to leave continent Africa, and this same Africa was sold into slavery, and the greener pasture of a thing I termed as modern slavery.
I was reading a book, by Nial Ferguson, the war of the world, therein I came across the word "demographic mobility". He said in quote "the best way to avoid poverty is demographic mobility" with that, then I concluded, #Africa will forever be poor.

The heart of any country are the youth as they play a pivotal role in the economy of that country. Now imagine the continent Africa with 54 countries, left with no Labour force, what's left of it?
And the funny thing is, upon arrival of African youth to this advanced world, they're left to live in confinement, freedom is so out of it.

I, Ayoola Olanrewaju #O'DAY have choose learning and writing as an enrichment of my mind, learning, am very receptive to.

I really do prefer wisdom to knowledge,  I'll therefore conclude with this. I might've probably gotten this from the movie Merlin. Retrieved it from one of my posts on Facebook.

"The only thing that never fails is to learn something. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world around you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewer of lower minds. There's only one thing for it then; LEARN. Learn why the world wags and what wags it, that is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, that's the only thing which the mind can never alienate, that's the only thing which the mind can never be tortured by, that's the only thing which the mind never fear or distrust and that's the only thing which the mind never dream of regretting.  Learning is the only thing for you. Look! what a lot of things are there for you to learn"

A great man once said, learning is key, "learn from cradle to grave".

Do you care to learn?

African youth, what do you think about the opulent man with the purest of sagacity?

#TheheartbeatofanAfricanyouth.





Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice write-up and I can't deny to agree with you that the strength of the nation (youths) are actually moving in mass to contribute to other nations economy. I was at immigration office recently and I couldn't believe my eyes with the magnitude of people that came for intl passport, which majority are youths. May God help us.
    On the issue of government, my brother I don't see anything those guys have to offer Nigerians. You can see how they're recycling themselves, these are people (majority) that doesn't know how it feels to be poor, then how can they feel for us.
    One of my friends lately told me that he's learning tailoring, when he applied to both private and public organisations and they were looking at him as if they're the ones that sent him to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly bro. As a friend would say, my God save us from these so called local colonialS.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SILENCE SPEAKS.

Silence speaks, it tells me all I needed to hear. The ability to understand the language of silence is dependent on patience. And patience I believe is the greatest gift in life. i mean "the wise patience " For you to understand the language of silence,  you need to be conscious of your body state while reading into things. The heart beats plays a pivotal role in this, I mean maintaining a controlled heart beat in silence gives you a clear understanding of the language it speaks. And I tell you,  your patience is key to actualizing this. What do I mean "the wise patience "this I  refer to the ability to remain calm couple with the consciousness of your environment while reading into things. Patience and diplomacy should go inline. According to a quote by Albert Einstein, "knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the whole world" This gives a clear indication that imagination has no limit and for you to harness the power of imagination, you def

THE COMMUNITY OF THE SPIRIT.

Two days ago, I happen to be in an unfathomable world, healthy and sound. Devoid of worries, thinking and pursuits. Quite an imaginary existence. Yesterday, I was in a world of which experience I can understand. A typical example of a perfect world. Everything made easy, foods, clothing and shelter. My knowledge of today's world made me realize how much I miss of yesterday's world. The prospect of today's world is quite understandable at my point of entry into this world. A world of contest. Finding myself in the community wasn't by accident, that I believe. Having good parents is by chance, and if you do, you have their blessings. A world full of pains and agony, Without the prospect of how the ending would turn out to be. Why dwell on worrying when it's not my doing to be here? I guess I should be empty of it and think of who created thought. (Paraphrased from the essential of Rumi) For I finally realize worrying is like the movement of one s